I’ve always been fascinated by the immediacy of the image and the power of the word! Thus, photography, videography and literature dominate equally my world…
Born in Johannesburg, South Africa, I now live permanently in Athens, Greece, where I work as a photographer, video-artist and scriptwriter/novelist. My company PHOTOLEXI covers a variety of photo and writing services.
- Since I adore nature, landscape photography has always been one of my main interests. I like to present dreamy and minimal elements in my compositions which evoke peace and tranquillity.
- In the portraits I seek to reveal the hidden aspects of the self and to communicate with my models.
In my line of work, I have participated in a number of group photography exhibitions and received various distinctions.
- As an experimental videographer, with a flair for cross-medium expression, I like to combine still images, video and sound to create powerful and captivating videography. Since my personal world is co-defined by literary expression, I am interested in creating book trailers and short teasers, where I offer a sneak peak of the book’s universe and convey its feeling to the prospective reader. Moreover, I can provide you with photos and textures for your new book- cover and back- and assist you with the visual campaign of your book’s promotion.
And yes, I write…a lot! “Momentum Publishing Co” published my first novel A breath Away in 2015.
In 2017 & 2019, I wrote scripts and directed episodes of a documentary series for Television. I am also an active member of the Scriptwriters Guild of Greece.
In 2021 “Dodoni Publishing Co” published lipstick.
My Studies: Photography, Sociology and English Literature with post-graduate studies in Applied Professional and Educational Training
Seminars I attended: Filmmaking, Editing, Script and Creative Writing.
Awards I received:
- In 2005, my script for short film So long received First Award in the script writing competition organized by AKMI Training Centre and Cinema Magazine.
- In 2009, I wrote the script of the short film Behind the Clouds, directed by George Dimitropoulos, which received the Audience Award at the Vangelis Kotronis Fantasy Film Festival and the First Award for supporting actor at the Film Festival of Patras.
- In 2010, I worked as first Assistant Director in Dorota Zglobicka’s film Love and Shadow, which gained the second place in the ZubrOFFka International Film Festival, Poland.
- In 2018-2019 & 2020 my photos got distinctions in the contest for women photographers organized by ΕΦΕ
- In 2020-21 and 22 I participated in the CIP Festival.
- In 2022 my script A breath away- based on my novel, reached the finalists in the 16th London Greek Film Festival.